Buying property in Greece in a nutshell!
The first step to purchasing property in Greece is to find a reputable real estate agency. They will be responsible for assisting you in finding your ideal property, and will guide you regarding the buying process and ensure that your transaction goes as smooth as possible.
Select your property.
- Your solicitor,
- Apply for your Tax Registry Number (AFM) (A Lawyer can do this on your behalf through Power of Attorney).
- Open a Greek bank account
- Sign the pre-contract detailing terms of sale and payment schedule. (optional)
- Pay a deposit to secure the property by removing it from the market; usual payment methods include cash, bank transfer or credit card.
- Sign the final contract, after all legal and technical work is completed.
- Alternatively, your solicitor may sign for you if he/she has been granted full Power of Attorney. In order to sign the final contract all fees and taxes must be paid.